Efficient distribution and logistics
At the LOTOS Group, we are consistently adapting logistics solutions to the changing requirements of our trading business. We also develop an efficient distribution system that meets the expectations of customers, but also helps reduce costs.
To build an optimum logistics chain that would efficiently operate in the constantly changing external and internal environments, in 2015:
- The LOTOS Group continued consolidation of its assets. On April 1st 2015, Grupa LOTOS sold its fuel terminal in Poznań to LOTOS Terminale.
- The structure of mandatory stocks was optimized to minimize the cost of holding the stocks.
- We derived additional revenue from the provision of logistics services to third-party customers.
- The scope of the marine cargo terminal project on the Martwa Wisła river, in the immediate vicinity of the Gdańsk refinery, was regularly reviewed in the context of the planned volumes and structure of Grupa LOTOS’ products following completion of the EFRA project.
- The logistics services market was being monitored to identify any alternative low-tonnage sea cargo handling solutions.