How do we measure the effectiveness of our support?
For each initiative, whether it is a long-term project or a single-occasion event addressed to a specific social group, we carry out an assessment of the impact on local communities. In this way we verify whether a given project positively contributes to resolving social and environmental issues.
In the case of educational projects for children and young people, we verify the number of students joining the projects and the number of winners of external competitions. As part of many of our initiatives we carry out evaluation surveys that gauge the participants’ satisfaction with the proposed offer and provide comments on future assumptions and objectives which we then take into account. Apart from the information on the turnout in all of our projects and programmes, some of our partners provide us with information on further educational careers of the participants of a given programme, or the results of nationwide surveys on the usefulness of a social programme, e.g. the National Road Traffic Safety Centre sends us results of research on the number of accidents caused by failure to use seat belts and child safety seats or by their incorrect fastening and use. The findings serve as a basis for carrying out inspections among drivers and stepping up educational campaigns.
Apart from the impact on local communities, we measure the reach of media or information campaigns executed as part of the programmes, and how successful they are in getting across to potential recipients of our message, who through our ads, articles, or posters can broaden their knowledge about, for instance, the Baltic’s biodiversity and its active preservation.
One of the indicators of the our CSR activities’ is the number of site visits by unique visitors (individual IP addresses) at the websites of our projects and programmes.
Number of page views at websites dedicated the LOTOS Group’s projects in 2015:
- www.kierunekbaltyk.pl – 152 thousand users and 514 thousand page views; the ‘Kierunek Bałtyk’ profile (Headed for the Baltic) on Facebook – 56 thousand users;
- the „Emocje do pełna” profile (Emotions to the Full) on Facebook – 130 thousand users;
- www.sledzfoki.pl – 90 thousand users and 271 thousand page views;
- www.sokoly.lotos.pl – 40 thousand users and 150 thousand page views;
- www.pilkalotos.pl – 17 thousand users and 43 thousand page views;
- www.lotoscup.pl – 2 thousand users and 4 thousand page views.