The LOTOS Group’s research and development activities are led and coordinated mainly by LOTOS Lab. In July 2015, the R&D Division and the R&D Team were appointed to support the LOTOS Group companies in the following areas:
- Identifying and keeping a record of project ideas on an ongoing basis;
- Improving access to the project portfolio for interested persons;
- Participating in advisory capacity in meetings held with a view to partnering with third parties in R&D projects;
- Analysing the documentation of R&D funding programmes to identify potential financing sources for project ideas;
- Intermediating in relations with institutions managing public funds for research and development initiatives as well as information centres for EU and national funds;
- Preparing relevant applications related to R&D projects.
LOTOS Lab has framework agreements on R&D cooperation with the following entities:
- Faculty of Chemistry of the Gdańsk University of Technology;
- Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering of the Gdańsk University of Technology;
- Oil and Gas Institute;
- Road and Bridge Research Institute.